|Product Name:||Stud Welding Pins||Pin Thickness:||3mm 5mm|
|Material:||Mild Steel||Type:||Soft Steel Nails|
|Length:||25mm-240mm||Washer Type:||Dome Caps|
mild steel copper plated insulation pins,
ship building copper plated insulation pins,
rock wool stud welding insulation pins
The Capacitor Discharge Stud Welding Pins are made of mild steel, stainless steel or
aluminum which are used with pin welding or stud welding equipment.
The Capacitor Discharge stud welding pin is popularly used as an insulation fastener, in
combination with self locking washers (or “speed clips”) to secure insulating material.
The Capacitor Discharge Stud Welding Pins with the "Power Base" are designed to weld
through paint and rust to eliminate grinding of the base metal.
|SIZE||D||STEEL FD||ALUM. FD|
Material technical data
|LOW CARBON STEEL||STAINLESS STEEL||ALUMINUM|
|C - 0.23% max||P - 0.04% max.||AISI grade - 302/304/305 std.
Other grades available upon request.
|Alloy - 1100-H14 standard. Other alloys available upon request.|
|Mn - 0.90% max.||S - 0.05% max|
|Tensile - 60,000 psi (min)||Values for various grades available upon request.||Values for various alloys available upon request.|
|Yield - 50,000 psi (min.)|
|Elongation - 20% (in two inches)|
|Copper coating is standard on pins. Copper and other platings available upon customer request.||Does not apply to stainless.|
|Pins are annealed where required||Does not apply|
1) Length of this style pin should exceed the thickness of the insulation,
in order to securely attach the self-locking washer.
2) Nail point is standard - available with "blunt end" as special order.
1) Capacitor Discharge stud Welding Pins simplify the permanent attachment of insulation to
just about any kind of construction metal surface.
2) They can be applied quickly and easily using standard CD or Arc stud welding equipment.
3) Stud Welding Pins are available in different styles to cover a wide variety of applications.
4) Some factors to consider regarding the pin style needed for your job would be the base
metal type size and surface condition, and also the welding equipment to be used.
The standard, portable CD system consists of:
1) The Controller [ or Power Unit] which is plugged into the one-hundred-and-ten-volt outlet.
2) The CD Gun with Cables is used to command the power unit and deliver weld current,
with the Gun also serving as the Pin holder to properly place the pin during welding.
3) Then, on the other side of “the circuit” a ground cable and clamping connection is attached
to the work-surface to complete our Capacitor Discharge connections.
4) And finally, special Accessories are used to hold the Pin in the Gun.
Contact Person: cherry